Simple Tools for an Irresistible Video Presence in 2019!
(Jan. 31, 2019, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., Montgomery’s Inn, 4709 Dundas St. W., Toronto)
In this full-day workshop you’ll learn how to:
Relax and be yourself on camera (no wine necessary!)
Create your own portable video studio (with inexpensive lighting set-up & good sound)
Craft an audience-grabbing opening (you’ve got 10 seconds to get their attention)
Write a simple and effective video script (yes, you need to script it!)
And —- you’ll shoot video!
- Video script templates
- Catered lunch
- FREE on-site parking
- Easy access via TTC, Hwy 401 or QEW
- Chocolate! (who could write a script without that?)
NOTE: Capacity is limited, so sign up early!
A fully charged phone with enough space for 30 minutes of video. Have a place to save the videos you record (e.g. Google Drive) in case you shoot more during the workshop.
Yourself dressed for video (solid colours; no white, no thin stripes; scarves OK; be careful of statement jewelry: metallics and shiny beads can distract viewers from listening to you)
Makeup for touchups (use a bit more colour than everyday, as lighting can wash you out)
Laptop or notepad to take notes
NOTE: The room has outlets, power bars and Wi-Fi.
Driving: (**FREE on-site parking at venue)
- From Hwy 401: take Islington South exit, turn left (east) onto Dundas Street W. The Inn is on your right — on the south side of Dundas St. W.
- From QEW: take Islington North exit, turn right (east) onto Dundas Street W. The Inn is on your right — on the south side of Dundas St. W.
- From Islington subway station: Take #37 northbound bus two stops to Dundas St. W.; turn right (east) onto Dundas St. W.; The Inn is on the south side of Dundas St. W.
- Or, walk 5-10 minutes north on Islington Avenue to Dundas St. W.; turn right (east) onto Dundas St. W.; The Inn is on the south side of Dundas St. W.
Do you require a vegetarian or vegan lunch?
Please email email@example.com as soon as you register to ensure your lunch choice.